- The accused Mehul Chowksi said in the last affidavit- My health is bad, ED-CBI can come to Antigua and inquire
- According to the agencies – the vigilance does not want to come to the court
Enforcement Directorate (ED) filed an affidavit in Mumbai court on Saturday. ED said that we are also ready to give Mehul Voices to Air Ambulance with a team of medical experts to bring Antigua to India in Medical Supervision. In such a way, citing health reasons is like avoiding the legal process.
The agency said in the court- Mehul Choksi never cooperated in the investigation. Non-bailable warrant has been issued against him. Interpol has issued a red corner notice against him. He has refused to return. He is a fugitive. In fact, last night, the vigilance filed an affidavit in the court saying that the investigating agencies are saying that I am not cooperating in the investigation. While I am ready to cooperate in every way.
Investigation agencies engaged in extradition efforts
- Vigilance is accused in the PNB scam of Rs 13,700 crore On January 15, 2018, he got the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda. The vigil is staying there. In the last days, he had left Indian citizenship. Indian investigative agencies are busy trying to extradite him.
- Vigilance filed an affidavit in the court last week, in which he denied the claims of ED and CBI. He said that the agencies are saying that I do not want to be involved in the investigation, it is wrong. My health is not good, but I am ready to join the investigation. Agencies would like to ask me if I can come to Antigua and inquire.
- “I had surgery abroad on February 15, 2018. After this I was refused to travel. I constantly need medical supervision. In the affidavit filed in court, it was also said that the vigil is a disease like coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and weight loss.
- Earlier, the ED had filed an affidavit in the Bombay High Court and appealed to dismiss both petitions of Mehul Vigilance. Vigilance filed a petition against the process of declaring a fugitive financial offender. In the second petition, he had said that the ED, who wants to declare him a fugitive economic offender on the basis of his statements, should be allowed to debate them.